Saturday, July 25, 2009

About Parenting

After a couple gets married in a church or someplace else, parenting is usually the next step. We all know that with bearing children comes the responsibility of taking care of them, to make sure that they grow up with proper behavior and disposition in life. Of course, it would be a privilege for a parent to see that his or her children have a greater future someday, and that they would soon help in taking care of the family’s necessities once they become adults and have jobs.

That is what I’ve experienced during the course of my project in Economics class, wherein I have an “egg baby”, a baby made out of uncooked egg, and make sure I take meticulous care of it. It was indeed very important, because once it gets cracked, my project score would be affected greatly. My egg baby was a daughter, named Joanna Alexandria Darkwind, and she was indeed so cute, for her face was like Pucca. I managed to take care of her for 4 days. But unfortunately, yesterday, the worst had happened – she was already cracked, and I couldn’t help but to cry my heart out. I knew how painful it was for a mother to lose a child, and I couldn’t believe that I’ve experienced it. But still, I have to look towards the light, for some of my classmates had pictures of her when she was still alive, and I just have to replace her just for the sake of taking my own pictures with her. Of course, I couldn’t bring her on Monday, for I knew she’s already dead.

The lesson I’ve learned from that experience is this: Parenting is a difficult but rewarding obligation. I could still remember about Alcarcalimo’s role as a father to his children, especially towards his youngest daughter. My sweet time with my daughter Joanna until her death was indeed a worthwhile moment, for I now understood what was like to be a parent.

That’s all for now… Ta – ta! ^^

No comments: