Sunday, May 23, 2010

Digsby: communication in one small package

Months ago, back at Pasig, I wanted to chat with my friends using Windows Live Messenger. The last time I used it, there was a message that said that I must upgrade to the latest version in order to continue, for if I clicked no, I could not use it. So there, I upgraded it, but an error messaged popped out saying that there's a problem connecting with the server. Worse, I couldn't even uninstall that damn thing. I tried downloading the latest version from the website, but still the same result. It meant one thing: the system requirements are much more demanding now, more modern than the previous. Because of that, I held off chatting for months.

Thankfully, a solution came to me yesterday while I was busy using Facebook (yes, I have an account there). My friend Rara-chan had posted in my news feed about her using Digsby, an all - in - one social application which allows checking e-mails from multiple e-mail accounts, chatting with friends from various IM applications, such as Windows Live Messenger and Yahoo Messenger, and even looking for updates in various social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter. See, it's indeed an all-in-one package, allowing anyone to do all of these things in just one application. ^^

It was indeed a good discovery for me, so I decided to download the application and register. I placed all my e-mail accounts (in MSN & GMail), my IM accounts (in MSN & YM), and even my Facebook account there.

So there, I managed to chat with my friends from both IM accounts, and even to check mails from both MSN & Gmail, and even from my news feed in Facebook as well without having to go to the sites just to see what's there. It was indeed worth checking out.

You can check the features in this video:


You can download Digsby through this link: Download

Oh, and don't forget to register, for it's necessary before you can enjoy the benefits. ^^

That's all for now. Jaa - ne! :D


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm disby...seems nice. Thank you for view my blog.


~Leah~

tinskyhunter said...

You're welcome... Let me know if you already downloaded and registered, so we could be chatmates... ^^