Saturday, May 29, 2010

Changes to my blog + My new favorite anime

Yeah, I know your eyebrows are raised because of the changes I made to my blog. I decided to upgrade my template because I'm somehow bored with my previous template. It really took me a short time to revamp this blog to a new level, but I'm happy with it. Oh, and I changed the title a bit because somehow, my post does include not only about my life and online games, but also about anime as well. So there, the new title is shown on my brand - new blog.

Well, speaking of anime, I'm now a fan of To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (A Certain Scientific Railgun). I first discovered it in my March issue of GAME! magazine, and it's only a few days ago that I decided to give it a try. Indeed, I was impressed with it.

Well, just in case you haven't heard of it, To Aru Kagaku no Railgun is a side story of another anime entitled To Aru Majutsu no Index. It focuses mostly on Makoto Misaka, one of the Level 5 users in Academy City, the place devoted on training its students to fortify their supernatural abilities. Misaka is reputed to be the ace of Tokiwadai High School (one of the prestigious elite schools in Academy City) due to her powerful talent of controlling electricity to her liking, like launching coins at a fast rate and giving those who cross her a excruciating electric shock, which might even cause massive destruction at the surroundings. No wonder Shirai Kuroko, another Tokiwadai student and a member of Judgement (the police department) always shows affection to her, much to her chagrin.

Aside from Misaka and Kuroko, there are other two interesting characters that I like: Kazari Uiharu and Ruiko Saten (both students from Sakugawa Middle School, another school in Academy City). Uiharu is a shy female teenager with a flower wreath on her hair, who is also adept in using computers for research and surveillance for Judgement, while Saten-san, despite having no abilities, is a cheerful female with a happy-go-lucky attitude (although there's also another side of her, which was painful and depressing). Together with Misaka and Kuroko, they form a group of friends who stay strong despite the obstacles coming their way.

But despite the action, comedy and humor made to lighten the mood, there are also sides of horror and depression. One proof would be the ability users who used their gifts for bad means, with a sad story behind the motives. Another would be a scientist who acted as a cerebral psychologist, but in fact, has even more sinister plans. But the more shocking would be illegal means to upgrade supernatural powers, with a heavy price in exchange.

If you're interested, check out the ff. videos (sorry, I won't put the episodes... You have to discover it for yourself):

First Opening Song (Only My Railgun by fripside)





First Ending Song (Dear My Friend by Elisa)



Second Opening Song (Level 5 - Judgelight by fripside):



Second Ending Song (Real Force by Elisa):




All in all, it's indeed worth checking out. Gotta check out To Aru Majutsu no Index once I'm done watching all 24 episodes of Railgun... ^^


That's all for now... Ciao! ^^

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Semms pretty cool, whos that guy with black hair? And please tell me this isn't a yuri anime. I know how much you men like that =P JK! But is it?

tinskyhunter said...

Well, the guy with the black hair is Toma Kamijo, the main protagonist of To Aru Majutsu no Index. He has the ability to nullify ability attacks directed towards him, especially Misaka's electric attacks (reason why she became his rival, but eventually, she develops an awkward crush on him). Well, actually, Railgun is To Aru Majutsu no Index based on Misaka's POV... ^^

Don't worry, it's a normal anime show without any yaoi or yuri relationship... But watch out for some ecchi scenes, especially with Kuroko's attempts to show affection towards Misaka (which often backfired with Kuroko ended up being electrocuted or being the recipent of Misaka's punch).

Well, I'm glad that you like the introduction I posted in my blog. Hope you don't hesitate checking out the show... ^^