Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Onee-chan, I still miss you

The last time I saw her, she was leaving to the Bacolod-Silay airport for another year in college as a future accountant. My mom gave her some words of advice and good luck as I watched the airport come into view. By the time we stopped, she started boarding for her flight, and after some kisses and hugs, we parted ways.


Today's her 24th b-day, and I still haven't seen or heard of her yet. Recently, she became a rebel, committing the error of having a boyfriend before she could finish her studies so that her dream would come true. Afraid by what my parents and relatives would think about her boyfriend, she became desperate, hiding herself away from us. Finally, she ran away from home.


My parents were indeed disappointed about her. They had worked so hard to give her a good life, and they still didn't believe that that's how she would repay them.


Then I saw a scandal video on my cousin's cellphone, with her name on it. When I played and saw that something intimate is going to happen to her, I stopped playing, for it hit me like a rock aiming for my head. At least I knew one reason behind her sudden disappearance.


I became so mad at my parents for choosing to do nothing instead of supporting her effort to move on, and even for myself, for failing to do the right thing for her when she badly needed it.


Yep, it's indeed hard, but we finally talked about it, and I realized that... they still need to sort out before they're willing to accept her again. At least, that's a good start. As for me, all I could do is pray and hope she'll be okay, wherever she is now.


Ate Angeli, happy b-day... I hope you'll be back home to us. I miss you so much...

No comments: