Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Real Life: of graduation and new beginnings

I finished attending my brother's graduation this afternoon, and it brought me back memories. I endured trying not to sleep, just to give respect to the people on stage. As I finally saw him receiving his diploma, I thought of mine, still encased in that red velvet covering with my medium graduation portrait beside it, and even the happy faces of my mom and dad.


We all know that graduation is entitled to the end of elementary / high school / college life and commencement onto a new phase in life. Parents are really happy that their kids finally reaped the fruits of their labor after working hard to pay the tuition fees. For the cream of the crop, especially the valedictorians / magma cum lades and salutatorians / suma cum lades, dedication with extra effort equates to greater rewards. But for the rest, simply having the privilege of getting the diploma would be enough.


But while graduating may be a good thing, it also means saying goodbye to the good times one has with his school peers. Although they may be able to still keep in touch, things will never be the same, especially when going on separate ways.


Never forget the lessons learned during your years of studying, not just the usual subjects, but real ones as well. 


Congrats, graduates! Hats off to all of ya! 

No comments: