Saturday, March 7, 2009

Alcar’s new favorite + Glimpse with the fallen angel + Legacy amidst death

Last night, when I logged in to Xfire, it was unexpected of me to see that Alcarcalimo was online, playing Rohan: Blood Feud. I decided to chat with him, since it was been months since my last talk with him. While I’m searching for the exact spot where the weathered rock was placed in the Wastelands using the quest guide for my current quest, Fallen Angel – Request of Dusk, in the IGN L2 Vault website, we had a talk about his newest favorite online game. Alcar told me that his character was a Dhan, a race composed of humans skilled in assassination, since daggers were considered the race’s main weapon. He then asked me if I’ll be going to try the game, and I said yes, though I was pissed off with the Revenge System, one feature in which a character can teleport to the killer’s location, when he or she is killed, and exact retribution. In fact, I’ve heard of Rohan before in the February issue of GAME! , and I’m currently waiting for my copy of the March issue so that I’ll receive the free Rohan DVD installer included there. If I would create a character there, I would be either a human or half – elf, since humans are considered as knights there and half – elves are excellent archers.

Now that I knew the exact location of the weathered rock (thanks to the quest guide), I logged in to L2 and continued my elven archer’s quest. I was halted because of my difficulty in searching the rock and that my internet time’s already up. Good thing by the time I continued the quest, I was able to find the rock with ease. By the time my archer looked upon its white surface and sang the song of prophecy, she was finally face – to – face with the celestial being.

In Eva’s name, she remarked, she has magnificent wings. She must be the fallen angel!


From Lineage 2 pics

By the time my elven archer cured her wounds with the medicine, the angel spoke words of gratitude and explained the reason why she was there in the Wastelands using her mind. Yes, her lips did not move, but at least the crystal that was given to my archer was able to record the words she said. By the time the angel vanished from my archer’s sight, she sent the recorded message right away to Grand Master Tobias. In the end, she received the adena & EXP / SP reward for completing the quest.

But before all that, there was a shocking news that saddened the fans of Francis Magalona, the master rapper of the Philippines. I heard from my grandmother that he passed away due to leukemia. The last time I saw him in TV, he wore a cap to conceal his head, which was bald due to his chemotherapy sessions. Even I became crestfallen by the news. Believe me, I may not be a fan of rap songs, but what amused me was that his rap songs were all about nationalism, about being proud to be a Filipino. Even in his death, the legacy still lives on, and it must be continued.

Now I’m thinking, if I would have the chance, I would buy one of the T – shirts from his famous clothing line, 3 Stars and a Sun. I can’t wait to have one! ^^

That’s enough talking for now… More interesting stuff to come in soon! :D

No comments: