Tuesday, March 17, 2009

skyhunter18, finally a Silver Ranger

Ahhh… finally, my beloved elven archer in L2, skyhunter18, was finally promoted to Silver Ranger and also became an academy graduate as well. All my hard work in completing the three quests for job change was finally paid off. I never knew that completion would happen so fast, but anyway, let me tell you what I progressed to get there:

From the last time I stopped in the second part, the Testimony of Life, I was tasked by Isael Silvershadow of the Hunter’s Village to go back to Thalia, who was located east of Iris Lake, south of Elven Vilage, after finding all 6 parts of the Talin’s Spear by killing Leto Lizardman Shamans and Overlords in the Plains of the Lizardmen. But before I continued with second quest, after I talked to Isael about accomplishing the search for the parts, I first resumed with the third part of job change, the Test of the Sagittarius. From the last time I stopped there, Magister Gauen had asked my archer to go to Sagittarius Hamil in Floran Village to find out where the Serpent Demon Kadesh was hiding after I finally found all the parts of the Crescent Moon Bow, the weapon that must be used to kill the creature. After I used the Scroll of Escape exchanged from Dimensional Diamonds to reach Floran Vilage, she went straight to Hamil. He told my archer that Kadesh was regaining dark energy through the Leto Lizardmen, meaning she had to go back to the Plains of the Lizardmen (again) to confront the dark power so that Kadesh will be summoned. And so there she went, killing first the Leto Lizardman Shamans and Overlords for their blood, because that would help to summon Kadesh. But by the time I hunted for 15 vials, the duration of her newbie buffs was over, so I had to SOE back to Oren to rebuff. But then, my Internet time was almost up, so I had no choice but to log off and resume again some other time.

Last night, I decided to continue first the second part, so I teleported first to Gludio, then to Elven Village. After being rebuffed by the Newbie Guide, she ran straight near Iris Lake to talk to Thalia. Thalia asked my archer to do something unimaginable: to kill the unicorn with Talin’s Spear for its tears. Of course, it’s inevitable to consider that life will be restored by sacrifice, but then one has no choice but to do so if necessary.

So my archer ran straight to the spot where the quest monster, the unicorn of Eva, was found. Once I’ve finally located the unicorn, I equipped her with the spear immediately.


From Lineage 2 pics
I was filled with pity upon seeing the magnificent creature, but still, what must be done must be followed. And so, I had no choice but to let my archer pierce it until it’s dead and its tears were collected in the grail. Oh, that poor creature…

Once she returned to Thalia, the female elf told her more about the sacrifice that must be done to save the Mother Tree, which was why it’s necessary to kill the unicorn. Afterwards, I SOE’d back to Elven Village to talk to Hierarch Asterios. The Hierarch gave her the Chamomile Charm for finally accomplishing the task. And finally, she went back to Master Cardien in the Warrior Guild in Dion. The Master then spoke that the Testimony was finally finished, and my elf was finally given the Mark of Life as the ultimate reward.

Satisfied with the completion of the second part, I must continue with the last part, the Test of the Sagittarius, so I went back to Oren, then to the Plains of the Lizardmen to kill more Leto Lizardmen until the monster she was supposed to kill appears. But what I didn’t realize was that after she just killed a Leto Lizardman Archer, the 15 vials of lizardman blood suddenly vanished, and then poof, the creature finally appeared. That creature was none other than the Serpent Demon Kadesh, which looked exactly like a Trives in the Seal of Shilen in Aden Territory. It was really unexpected of me to see that the quest monster finally appeared after collecting just 15 quest items. It was because, according to the quest guide in EllieBelly’s website, at least 100 vials of lizardman blood must be collected before Kadesh would appear. But anyway, now that I’ve seen that abomination, my archer dispatched it right away with the Crescent Moon Bow equipped, without using any skills. It was because something bad will happen if I did, though I’m not sure about it.



From Lineage 2 pics


Now that the serpent was finally dead, with the Talisman of Kadesh in her possession, she must return to Sagittarius Hamil in Floran to report about the creature’s death. As recognition, he gave her the last item necessary for her promotion: the Mark of Sagittarius.

Now that my archer finally had 3 marks necessary for her job change, I went to the Warrior Guild in Giran and let her meet Grand Master Hannavalt. And finally, the moment I’ve been waiting for had finally arrived: her promotion to Silver Ranger.



From Lineage 2 pics


Since my archer also became an academy graduate, she was also given an Academy Circlet as reward for her promotion. I also let her equip the Elven Bow of Nobility bought by my Soul Breaker and stored in the cargo box, as well as some Iron Arrows, because of course, bows are considered futile without arrows. The armor she’s currently wearing right now was the Rind Leather Armor set, though I decided to wear it while completing these quests for extra protection.

Ok, enough chit – chat for now… Gotta get my prince’s gift now for my Paladin… weheee… ^_^

No comments: