Thursday, April 30, 2009

Expriencing the healing touch

Yesterday, I went to a healing conference together with my mom and older sister in Silay City. Since it was scheduled to start at around 9:30 a.m., we had to wake up early at around 4:00 a.m. and get ready for the long trip, since it would take around 2 hours via bus from Escalante. By the time we reach Silay, we stopped at the El Real bakeshop to eat some snacks, then my mom entrusted someone owning a cellphone load business to carry her luggage and keep it in her store for the time being, to avoid hassle.

By the time we reach the venue, there was not much people except those who were crippled with various diseases, especially those in wheelchairs and those who were either born or just afflicted deaf - mute. As a start, we first had some form of energizer in form of dances, then, after a 15 - min. break, the morning mass. I was really confused about what the priest had said, so I tried my best to translate his words into either English or Filipino, but with not much results.

But there's one problem: me and my sis waited a very long time for our food during our lunch break, for it seemed that we're the only ones who haven't eaten anything. My mom arrived with the food together with her friend, before a short play started. As we ate, we watched the play. I noticed how gut-wrenching it was, for the main character suffered the cruelties of the world, and only God could give her solace. Good thing the play didn't ruin my appetite.

After another energizer, we finally listened to the words of Fr. Bob Canton, the guest speaker. He inspired us with words of wisdom, that we must forgive, humble ourselves, and confess. However, the main event was during his healing sessions. It was indeed a miracle to behold. Can you imagine that those who were crippled in wheelchairs being able to walk, or even deaf-mute people being able to hear and speak, with just powerful words and a healing touch? Even I experienced that, too, for when I felt his healing power, I suddenly fainted for a few seconds, but in the end, I was able to stand straight.

Now that I've experienced such miracle, I now believe that I must not lose hope, for miracles only happen once we have faith in God, and that the lesson I've learned from this experience... ^^

No comments: