Monday, May 4, 2009

My first Cabal Nation War: Not a good start

Yesterday, my Force Shielder in Cabal, Crestfallen, had undergone a series of quests in order to choose a nation to fight with. The gut-wrenching part for me was the "Sacrifice" quest, especially when Yuan had announced that Naain had died, risking her life in order to protect and deliver important documents. Even Arionell had felt the pain, for she fainted after my FS gave her the second Apocalypse card, and Aike clenched his teeth as he promised himself to grow stronger before my FS was tasked to report the grievious news to Captain Mark. Perhaps that might explain the strange phenomenon that my FS wasn't able to retrieve the memorial core of the last knight after reaching the dungeon tombstone in the earlier quests.

So much for solitude. Anyway, after that, my FS went to the Officer in Port Lux so that I would choose a nation. After going through a short lecture about the two nations and the start of the upcoming war, I chose Procyon, for my guildmates were there as well.

In order to experience what's like in a Nation War, I joined the 10 P.M. war after stocking up on potions for survival. By the time I arrived at the Lobby for level 52 - 60, there were less Procyon members attending, and the opposing nation, Capella, had more members. Uh-oh, I guess we have to be more careful, especially if we're going all against one...

...and that was considered a stupid plan, for by the time we arrived at the battleground and charged in to attack one of them, Capella was already pounding at us all into pulps, and unfortunately, my FS was one of the unfortunate victims, for even with buffs and in Shield Master mode, I was still no match for them.

To add insult to injury, can you ever imagine that it would end in just a few minutes after all your nation cohorts got respawn back to the lobby? After my FS died, she received only 10 WExp, but unfortunately, second chances didn't exist there, for once a character bites the dust, it's just that. And with all the Procyon members wiped out, that only means one thing, and only one thing: Procyon has lost the Nation war. Way to go, Capella, give yourselves a pat in the back for kicking our asses. >.<

Oh well, I guess I needed to level up more so that I'll get the buff Shield Harden for my FS... -.-