Friday, May 15, 2009

Same old lag, brand-new problem

Recently, I have another enigma that started to plague my Cabal playing sessions. It was that same old glitch which is always one of the most common problems to online gamers like me. That was none other than one word: LAG!

If there's an occurrence of lag, it would usually be described as something that was supposed to happen immediately after a movement was done, like showing damage after attacking or throwing skills to monsters, but instead appeared too late. If you would ask me, I would say that it was not a good sign, for side effects of lagging may occur, like your character's death once the effects were executed after either a short or long period of standstill.

Throughout my life as an online gamer, there's only one thing I could say about lag: it would dampen the flame of determination of a gamer whose usually aim is to make sure his/her toon reaches a high level, perhaps until it's finally extinguished. I already quit playing RAN online PH due to that stupid lag, especially when my DEX Mystic Peak campus archer had died a lot of times while leveling. And also, the worst thing was that my FS in Cabal was inside the middle of the quest dungeon when it happened! Way to go, laggers... show some love by ruining the gamer's experience... puft!!!!

That's enough ranting for now, and don't blame me if anything similar to that happened to you! GRRRRR!!!! *head full of steam*

No comments: