Saturday, October 4, 2008

First sign of having Soulshot Dependency Syndrome? Oh-no!

I was glad that my knight has already become level 30, meaning 10 more levels to go before her 2nd job class. The two quests that I've accomplished during the gaming session this afternoon, the Red-eyed Invaders & the Lizardmen's Conspiracy, were completed thanks to Alcarcalimo and his dance buffs. I noticed that he was reverted back to his old outfit shown in the screenshots found in his blog, unlike him wearing the full Full Plate armor set the last time I saw him moments after I was recruited as an academy member in HeavensOracle.

But now, I felt as if she was beginning to show the first sign of having Soulshot Dependency Syndrome. It was because of the Acts of Evil quest, wherein the first part is to kill Turek Orcs in the Orc Barracks for Blade Molds. Before that, I was glad that I was able to kill the Mallie Lizardmen people & the creepy Arenids during the aformentioned two quests efficiently, even without soulshots. But by the time I teleported to the Orc Barracks to bash Turek Orcs for blade molds, there's when the tricky part started. It really took her multiple Power Strikes, Shield Stuns and normal attacks just to kill one Turek Orc, and I even noticed that two of the monsters, the Turek Orc Skirmisher & the Turek Orc Warlord, began to run towards their headquarters for backup. I decided not to follow them on their way there, for I knew that I'll get mobbed and bite the dust becauae of so many monsters.

I asked my clan mate AcapBouncer about the problem about how to get SSDs, and he said that I was supposed to buy both the d-grade crystals & soul ores, fot these are the materials needed to create them. I bought these crystals from a dwarf selling in Giran, and the crystals from the grocer NPCs. Believe me, it's really hard to find a crafter nowadays who will accept services of crafting soul shots, and I really need them ASAP.Since I was so tired, I decided to continue the quest some other time and used my Kamael in her quest to collect more Muertos Feathers for adena until the gaming time expires.

By the way, the concept of Soulshot Dependency Syndrome came from the post in his blog. Read the post to know more:

http://alcartravels.blogspot.com/2008/08/soulshot-dependency-syndrome.html

That's all for now! ^^


3 comments:

Rob Sanchez said...

Hi there,

Yup changed to my "fashion outfit" since I'm carrying 10k SSCs. The FP would just really slow me down. I usually reserve that suit for "special occasions".

Good thing to read that you're on Level 30! Congrats!

Regarding your SS addiction, I would suggest you craft it yourself or try to wean yourself off it. Create a dwarf for the soul purpose of crafting SSD and SSCs. You can use and sell them at the same time!

Rob Sanchez said...

BTW, I suggest you level up until 32 at least before you continue with this quest. It'll make it easier for you.

tinskyhunter said...

Ok, thanks for the suggestions...

Don't worry, I'll create a dwarf when I finished my exams... It will start on Tuesday, gahhh... >_<