Monday, November 10, 2008

Castle Siege: My first experience

My paladin was finally back in HeavensOracle, but this time she's included in the 2nd Order: OrderofHeaven. I asked my clanmates if it was necessary for me to join the castle siege, and EvaRavenspell, my clan leader, replied that it would be nice for me to participate, although it's not much of an obligation. Although hesitant at first, I decided to join in to give myself a try. Here's what happened during the first two days of my castle siege participation:

Last Saturday night, Eva sent us a letter that we're going to help DesertWolf in capturing Aden Castle. Believe me, Aden was the only castle left unnoticed in the past sieges, and it was the first time for me to discover that a clan was intrepid enough to capture it. We met at the gate infront of the castle in order to prepare ourselves. The signal was finally given that we should run towards the right side, and woosh, here we go, we ran as fast as we could. But then, I noticed that HO was not alone in helping. Among those that joined the fray include Infinity, SignumVires, Yakuza and others.

From Lineage 2 pics


At first, I started going towards the inner castle after the walls were demolished by those Swoop & Wild Hog cannons. But then, I noticed how difficult it was to get in. Imagine a middle-level character trying to storm in together with those high-level soldiers... My HP almost got depleted because of one of the castle guards, but good thing one of my partymates (Ichiee was the party leader during that time) warned me to go back outside before it’s too late. It was because we’re tasked to watch over the flags posted outside the castle and wipe out every enemy that has the intention of wiping them out. We waited until DW succeeded in engraving the seal in the castle, and so we ran out of the castle in order to reach Gludio.

Since teleporting to towns was restricted during the siege, we had to go there the hard way: porting to Giran harbor first, then running towards the spot near Dion town so that we could SOE there, then porting to Cruma Marshlands, and finally, running and swimming to Gludio. I stayed in the town for safety, since Endless and the other clans are struggling to get Gludio Castle. I felt so tired and so I took a nap, and when I woke up, I was shocked that the siege has finally ended. Really tedious, but good thing I remained alive during its whole duration.

But it’s much worse yesterday, when we’re going to help our ally (again), but this time, in defending Giran castle. We met near the gatekeeper, then ran towards the castle. I knew it’s still too early, but being punctual was important. And so, we waited until the signal was rung. Again, as mentioned before, we also have allies in defending, and included there were AbyssalHeroes, Hybrid, etc.

From Lineage 2 pics


We’re supposed to check the sides, as well as the front, for both Endless and Justice, since they’re our main targets. The worst thing that happened to me was when I suffered from too much lag, and I got disconnected. Arrrrghh!!!! I was back to town when I logged in again and as a desperate way, suggested by my prince, I used my event points in riding the Wyvern. I got disconnected (AGAIN!) while I was on my way, and so I tried again the 2nd time. Thankfully, I arrived at the castle safely and dismounted it.

I continued with my usual task of watching over at the sides and at the front for any enemy presence, and indeed, it became really intense, as our comrades scrambled at all sides in order to kill them. By 6:00 p.m., the siege was supposed to be over, but only Rune Castle finished it on time. I was so bored, so I SOE’d back to Giran, then ported backed to Aden Town and continued my level grind in Aden Cemetery until my paladin reached level 52 (I halted when she’s 51 because of the siege). Believe me, I was shocked when my clanmate rhea19 told us via clan chat that the clash was still ongoing. But I’m so weary to go back, and my prepaid usage time was about to get expired. So I just SOE’d back to Aden and went to the Warrior Guild to learn new skills, and alas, my time was already up.

Overall, my first two days for castle siege experience was not that bad. It’s really tiring, but still it’s worth the trouble. I really can’t wait to equip that Zubei Heavy Armor set my prince gave me before the siege started. Whoopdedoo!

And so that closes my talk for now… ^^

2 comments:

Rob Sanchez said...

Whoa! Scrennies please!!!

Looks like you had a very busy weekend, eh? Expect to get more in the coming months ahead as you level up and become more powerful.

tinskyhunter said...

Don't worry... I'll post the screenies later.

Yeah, my weekend was indeed so busy, for my goal during that time was to reach level 52 so that I could wear B - grade equips