Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A desperate struggle

I won't be able to attend classes starting today because of my illness. I have fever as well as diarrhea. This morning, my aunt sent me to the emergency room of the Medical City to check on my current condition. There, one of the doctors took a blood sample from me, and believe me, the prick of the syringe needle really hurts. The mark is still seen on the elbow up to now.

Then, I have to go to the CR to prepare my stool sample to see if there's infection in my stomach. But unfortunately, my aunt wasn't able to get it right, so I had to eat crackers to resume the excretion. By the time I checked the result of my CBC test, I found out that I had a slight excess in white blood cells. I knew that if it's too much, I would suffer from leukemia.

My aunt was able to get my stool sample by the time we reached home, and she went to Alfonso Clinic to have it tested. I ate rice porridge & bannana for lunch. I also had to take Biogesic every 4 hours for my fever as well as antibiotics for my LBM and Hydrite (capsule dissolved in water) to null dehydration. We went to Alfonso again this afternoon, and I was shocked by the result of the stool test: it contains amoeba & blood.

But thankfully, I was given another set of treatements. I had to take medicine designed to kill amoeba, and I still need to continue to drink Biogesic to lower my temperature. Believe me, I had to get lots of rest and eat just enough to recover my strength.

I'm so disconsolate about my condition right now, and I hope that someday, I would recover from this desperate struggle, so that I'll go back to school on Monday.

2 comments:

LaughingWaters said...

Get Well Soonest.

The Doc who prick you with da needle needs a real prick from me himself. How unprofessional ! >: (

Hey hey, in mandarin, we always cheer each other by saying,

Jiayou jiayou jiayou !

It means Gambatte x3 ^^

tinskyhunter said...

ahahahahahaha... nice one Azure! ^^

Thanks for cheering me up. Alcar also read about this post, too. Good thing both of you are concerned about me.

Don't worry, I regained my strength now. I just have to continue my treatement ASAP.