Saturday, November 29, 2008

Twilight + Fiesta Online + my clan alterations

Yesterday, I just watched Twilight together with some of my classmates in Megamall, and I'm impressed on how the story was presented. I noticed that there were some slight changes in the plot of the movie, for there might be some scenes coming from the book that were not supposed to be viewed. Despite not being able to watch the first parts, I was able to get the perspective of the movie.

For those of you who haven't watched the movie, it's actually based on the novel of the same title, authored by Stephenie Meyer. It's about a human named Isabella Swan who met a strange being, a vampire, by the name of Edward Cullen. As she discovers his identity and his connection with the vampires, she begins to accept him, and most of all, they have developed a relationship. I won't spoil the details on how all these happened, so you better watch the movie, or better yet, read the novel.

Last Wednesday night, I have tried a new online game called Fiesta Online. I first heard of it when I saw the poster on the internet cafe which is also the place for me to buy L2 load. I got the installer free with my December - January issue of GAME! magazine (I'm subscribed to the magazine, by the way). Eager to try it out, I deleted PW first, then I installed Fiesta onto my PC. I even registered for a MYGAME account (MYGAME's the local publisher of the game, the ones also responsible for bringing Special Force Online to the Philipines) so that I counld try it. Good thing the game's free to play, so I don't have to worry about buying load for it.

By the time the update's finished, I logged in and created a character. I named my toon Crestfallen (same as my Force Shielder in Cabal), for I chose to be a Fighter. Fighters can opt to be damage - dealers because of their two - handed weapons, or tankers because of the usual one-handed sword + shield combination. I decided to choose the latter path. By the time my toon was in Argos (the starting point), of course, I followed the tutorial quest, so that I'll get used to the game. Afterwards, I have to talk to NPCs who have quests available at ceratin levels. Yeah, you got that right, the quest system there is indeed similar to Cabal, with items, exp. points & even fame as reward. But still, I have to do these quests one step at a time, although it's better to combine one quest with another with a similar purpose.

That's also where my toon learned to pick out mushrooms & flowers, open clams, chop wood & gather herbs for certain ingredients needed for potions, buff scrolls & even enchantment stones (aside from killing mobs, of course). The Alchemy system is when you'll create potions & stones, as well as to assemble & decompose items (You can choose only 2 production skills, though). My fighter had learned potion production for my pots, as well as stones needed to refine items (believe me, refining items is still risky, as always). I even learned how to use a pickaxe as well for mining ores, as well as to use the mount to reach my destination faster.

As for my skills, I bought skill scrolls from the skill master when I reached the skill requirements. Good thing there's also Skill Empowerment designed to enhance your skills, like adding damage, increasing buff effectiveness & even decreasing cooldown time. Up to now, I still have to get used to that system.

Overall, it's indeed a great experience, although there are lags that would ruin the gaming fun (believe me, it still exists... ><). If you want to meet me in - game, whisper Crestfallen, and I'll try to help you in everything I can.


From fiesta online pics


As for my L2 life, I noticed some changes in my clan, HeavensOracle. My clanmate Hellborne replaced Iriss as the leader of the 2nd order, as the latter will join another clan. Even my clan leader, EvaRavenspell, had her Warsmith, MayaRavenspell, replace her main avatar as the new clan leader. But still, it didn't dampen my interest with the clan, as I made friends with one of the new members, beautyheal, a Bishop from Malaysia.

Well, that's all for my chit-chat. Later days... ^^