Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My first taste of defensive combat in L2

Since my Human was already a knight, I have the chance to experiment with the new skills that I've learmed after the 1st job change.

Last Saturday, during the afternoon, I learned the ff. skills:

Active: Majesty, Ultimate Defense & Shield Stun
Passive: Heavy Armor Mastery, Sword/Blunt Mastery & Shield Mastery

I decided to try out both Majesty & Shield Stun while I was completing the Sweetest Venom quest in the Dark Forest, just outside the Dark Elven Village. I trekked a long way towards some kilometers just before the entrance of the Spider's Nest. That was where I was busy killing the Prowlers for quest items.

As a preparation, I first used Majesty for enhanced P. Def., after activating the automatic use of shots (yeah, I still used the no-grade type). I noticed that this skill at level 1 lasts for 5 mins., but I believed that the duration will increase as it progresses. Before using Power Strike, my melee skill companion since the first 5 levels of my character, to attack the Prowler, I casted Shield Stun, hoping that the creature will see stars. I knew that the chance is not always 100%, for there were times wherein it was able to resist the stun, and there were even chances that there was no effect. But then again, it was really fun to experiment with these skills, although it really took a while before I finally got all the quest items and ran again towards the village to receive my adena reward.

Because of that experience, I can safely say that I'm enjoying being a knight, although I have to face tougher challenges in the future. I will do the Dragon Fangs quest in the next few days.

Time for me to go! Ciao! ^^

2 comments:

Rob Sanchez said...

Good choice with the Ultimate Defense skill. According to an old L2 mentor of mine, that skill can literally save your life when you're mobbed.

If you have adena, I suggest you buy a D-grade weapon and SSD ASAP. Using no-grade weapons and SS's will slow down your leveling and questing. With cheaper rates these days, you can buy common D-grade armors and weapons anywhere.

tinskyhunter said...

Thanks for the suggestion. But I noticed that Ultimate Defense has a disadvantage of being rendered immobile during the duration of the skill.

Don't worry, I'll buy D-grade equipment & shots as soon as possible... ^^