Saturday, September 6, 2008

The start of my PW adventure...

I was finally able to try out PW a while ago. After the downloading the patch (which lasted for about 12 hours, and it took overnight to finish since I started it last night), installing it and updating the patch, I started logging in to Tiger server and created a character (more on that later.). It really took me a while to customize my avatar because of the good-to-the-last-detail customization feature, but at least the output's not that bad. After adjusting her features and adding a name (In fact, I was frustrated because of my name suggestions being used up already by others), I logged out first, logged back in and started my adventure in the world of Pangu.

One thing I first noticed when I was sent to the starter town is the help pop-out window. Since I'm just a newbie there, I had no choice to read it, since it also served to orient me on how to get used to the game. After completing my first two quests, I was awestruck by the time I reached Sword City. It was because of the design of the buildings and landscapes, as well as the background music(kudos to Toni Gonzaga for the song used as the PW theme song... ^^), and believe me, there were lots of people hanging around there as well.

Well, just like my previous favorite game, Cabal Online, PW was loaded with lots of quest for players to accomplish. In fact, they really help in leveling up, learning new skills and even in attaining important items, because of experience, yuan, soul & item reawards. Later on, I'll focus on leaping and learning craft skills.

By the way, if you want to look for me in Tiger server, my avatar's name is Elegeia, a Human Wuxia. Elegeia is one of the Greek words used as the origin for the word elegy, which means a mournful song or poem (one of my naming suggestions.). In fact, I was really happy that I chose that name for her. Here's the picture of my character:



From perfect world

That's what I've experienced from the game so far. See you guys there! ^^




2 comments:

Rob Sanchez said...

Sorry I couldn't meet you! I was having ISP problems and was only able to login at around 11:30 PM.

tinskyhunter said...

It's okay. I understand. I hope we can meet again some other time... ^^